The iPod integration kit for Toyota Highlander provides direct connection between your iPod and stereo system (without a Navigation system). It provides high quality audio, power charging of the iPod, as well as control on the radio and steering wheel (if equipped). No more cassette adapters, FM transmitters, or cigarette lighter chargers. With the SL2i-UP car stereo adapter you can enjoy clear genuine high quality sound through your factory audio system.
This audio integration kit will broaden browsing options to include play-list, artist, album, genre, audio-book, podcast. Our unique technology doesn't affect factory-installed components, such as a CD/DVD changer or satellite radio. When you connect the iPod adapter to the audio system, your vehicle recognizes it as an additional OEM CD changer, MD changer or MP3 audio device. The integration system installs easily, without compromising your vehicle's warranty.
Functions: You can browse by song title or play-list right through your vehicle's audio system controls. When your car or radio is turned off, the iPod will shut off and go into charge mode.
This iPod adapter
kit for the 2005-2012 Toyota Highlander is our newest generation iPod
integration system. It still delivers full functionality for your iPod -
it just does so in a much smaller iPod car adapter unit. This iPod car
integration system also incorporates our new state of the art noise
canceling technology for incredible sound clarity.
How it connects: This audio integration kit includes a cable that plugs directly into your iPod on one end, and directly into your vehicles radio on the other end.
Modes: “Direct Mode” and “Play-list Mode”- You can seamlessly switch between modes by the press of a button, so you can try both modes and see which one you prefer, or toggle between them at any time.
Direct Mode - iPod Control on iPod:
· Direct use of iPod and control of every play-list, song, artist and menu setting.
· iPod screen, menu and wheel are NEVER locked out.
· Access and use of the menu, click wheel, track and play/pause buttons from the iPod.
· Ability to change tracks on the iPod, from the track buttons on your radio, and steering wheel controls.
· You will have access to your entire music collection: play-lists, artists, albums, songs and genres.
Play-list Mode - iPod Control on Radio:
· Access to your top 99 play-lists. You will be able to jump between them using the CD changer disc buttons.
· Text is displayed on all radio’s that support iPod text.
· Play-list, artist, and song info is shown
· In this mode your iPod screen, buttons and click wheel will be disabled, access to music is done directly from radio buttons only.
iPod Compatibility: This car adapter is compatible with all iPods with a dock connector on the bottom. So, if you charge your iPod by plugging it in from the bottom, it is compatible.
* All factory options are compatible and retained-they will function as normal (XM, RSE/DVD, external and internal CD changer).
* Radio supports text display (if equipped).
* Compatible with Non-Navigation radio.
* This adapter is compatible and will charge with iPod Mini, Nano, Photo, Video, Classic, iPhone, iTouch (This includes charging for 4th Gen Nano, 3G(s) iPhone and 2nd Gen Touch) [not compatible with 1st & 2nd Generation iPod (10GB/15GB), iPod Shuffle, 5th Gen Nano]